Our Site has been shifted from here to its own domain link below
.

Punjab government told the Lahore High Court on Friday that the online system introduced in all education boards had been abandoned



BISEs’ manual system restored, court told

THE Punjab government told the Lahore High Court on Friday that the online system introduced in all education boards had been abandoned, as it failed to produce desired results and the manual system had been resorted in all the boards of intermediate & secondary education.

This was stated by the counsel for all education boards of Punjab during the hearing of a petition seeking a ban on the online system introduced by all the education boards.

Justice Sh Azmat Saeed remarked that why inordinate suffering was caused to children and their parents and they were forced to launch violent protest. The judge told the law officer that had the Punjab government taken timely action, the situation would have not reached this point. Our future is linked with children but they are being badly treated, the judge remarked and directed all education boards to submit detailed reports pertaining to reasons of failure of the computer system.

Earlier, Advocate Muhammad Azhar Siddique, the petitioner, stated that students across Punjab were suffering from the failure of the online system and they along with their parents were taking to the streets.

He said the online system had violated fundamental rights, especially Article 9 and 25-A of the constitution. He pointed out that former Secretary Education Ahad Cheema, who introduced the online system, was made district coordination officer and his failure remained unchecked.

He said an immediate action was required to save students from any agitation politics and to secure their future education.

The petitioner further said if the online system was allowed to operate, then students across Punjab would be bound to suffer irreparable losses.

NAB chief: The federal government on Friday informed the Lahore High Court that President Asif Ali Zardari had written a letter to opposition leader Chaudhry Nisar to seek his consultation on the appointment of Admiral (retired) Fasih Bokhari as National Accountability Bureau chairman but the letter was not answered.

This was said by Deputy Attorney General Nasim Kashmiri before LHC Chief Justice Ijaz Ahmad Chaudhry during the hearing of a petition challenging the appointment of the NAB chairman. The chief justice asked the law officer to file a written statement in this regard and adjourned the hearing till November 17.

Barrister Javed Iqbal Jaffrey filed the petition and pleaded that the mandatory procedure was not followed for the NAB chairman’s appointment.

He said the federal government had not consulted the opposition, PML-N, and the chief justice of Pakistan, which was in violation of the constitution. He said that the government action was based on mala fide intentions and the appointment of Fasih Bokhari should be declared null and void.

Earlier, the petitioner-lawyer had challenged the appointment by filing a civil miscellaneous petition in his an already petition against politicians’ foreign assets and appointments to top slots.



PakMed


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis