Our Site has been shifted from here to its own domain link below
.

Jobs Seeker are not happy with the Karachi Education department



KARACHI Mismanagement on the part of the city district government Karachi education department marred the written test held on Thursday for the recently advertised vacant posts of junior clerks, lab assistants, computer operators and assistants in the education department following the change of at least two examination centres venue at the eleventh hour.A number of male applicants belonging to Gulberg and Saddar Towns failed to appear in the tests due to the sudden shifting of their centres from the Govt Boys Comprehensive School Azizabad to the Govt Boys Secondary School Nazimabad and from the NJV High School on M.A. Jinnah Road to the Church Mission School on Nishtar Road.

Some candidates belonging to Gulberg Town whose centre was initially set up at the Govt Boys Comprehensive School Azizabad complained that as soon as they were informed by the staff present at the centre that their centre had been shifted to the GBSS Nazimabad near the Inquiry Office, they immediately rushed to the GBBS Nazimabad. But the officials conducting the test there did not allow them to take the test, saying that the centre was already overcrowding with candidates, the candidates said.

Besides, hundreds of other candidates who had applied for the BPS-7 to BPS-14 posts for which the CDGK education department had recently published an advertisement in the print media were also deprived of taking the test owing to the lack of publicity by the CDGK education department regarding the change of the venue of the test.

The test was initially scheduled to be held on Oct 21 for which the education department had set up six examination centres in different towns of the city, but after a sudden postponement, the education department decided to conduct the test on Thursday (Nov 3) at 36 schools of all the 18 towns of the city.

However, the department did not bother to inform the candidates through an advertisement, nor through newspaper announcement.



When CDGK education department acting executive district officer (EDO) (education) Sajjan Mallah was contacted by Dawn to seek his comments regarding the 11th hour change of two centres, he said that he was unaware of it and asserted that the test at all the 36 centres was conducted smoothly.

Replying to a question about the number of candidates who had applied for the posts of junior clerks, lab assistants, computer operators and assistants and how many candidates took the test on Thursday, he said that though the number of applications received by the department for the BPS-7 to 14 posts was 16,000, in all 17,000 candidates appeared in the test conducted on Thursday.

When he was asked as to how the number of candidates who appeared in the test exceeded the number of applicants, he said those who had not applied for the posts in the stipulated period fixed for submitting applications were also allowed to appear in the test because “they had come through references of some ministers”.

Although the acting EDO (education) told Dawn that the lists of successful candidates would be issued in a week, he could not tell how the successful candidates would be informed. “It is a policy matter and will be decided later on,” he said.

Meanwhile, insiders in the CDGK education department said that the walk-in interviews held for BPS-1 to BPS-IV posts on Wednesday and the written test for the BPS-7 to BPS-14 posts on Thursday were nothing but a “sham exercise” as most of the posts fallen vacant in the CDGK education department over the past couple of years had already been filled with those having “political contacts”.

They said that the advertisement the department had given in the print media was merely a formality to regularise the appointments made earlier.Dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis